git: rc.d/random: bring back rc.conf defaults, minor fixes
alexh at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Mon Jul 14 09:30:11 PDT 2014
Author: Alex Hornung <alex at alexhornung.com>
Date: Mon Jul 14 12:43:40 2014 +0100
rc.d/random: bring back rc.conf defaults, minor fixes
* Saving the entropy across reboots is good practice to
avoid having a lack of entropy after restarting the
machine. For some reason, it has been disabled by default
for ages now.
* This commit brings back the defaults in rc.conf to enable
saving entropy across reboots.
* Minor fixes to rc.d/random, such as not assuming
/var/db/entropy is a good place to put the entropy file,
last but not least because:
- that location is not checked on the start part of the script,
so it won't ever be used.
- /var/db/entropy is most of the time a directory, for the
cron-based entropy collection.
Summary of changes:
etc/defaults/rc.conf | 2 ++
etc/rc.d/random | 18 +++++++-----------
share/man/man5/rc.conf.5 | 10 ++++++++++
3 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository
More information about the Commits