git: DragonFly_RELEASE_3_0 kernel - Add workaround for errata #721 on AMD cpus (found by Matt Dillon)
vsrinivas at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Tue Mar 27 06:48:35 PDT 2012
Author: Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Fri Mar 23 15:49:54 2012 -0700
kernel - Add workaround for errata #721 on AMD cpus (found by Matt Dillon)
* Official reference for errata 721:
* This is the cpu bug found by Matthew Dillon, present on all K10 cores
(so far). AMD has indicated that the bug is not present on Bulldozer
* The MSR workaround is now reported and programmed during kernel boot.
* No discernable difference in performance was detected running GCC
with and without the MSR adjustment.
* Verified to have fixed our test case w/GCC. It no longer seg-faults.
Summary of changes:
sys/platform/pc64/x86_64/initcpu.c | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
1 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository
More information about the Commits