git: DragonFly_RELEASE_3_2 kernel - Fix issues where tmpfs loses file data
dillon at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Thu Dec 13 19:17:30 PST 2012
Author: Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Fri Dec 7 14:20:31 2012 -0800
kernel - Fix issues where tmpfs loses file data
* For TMPFS, UIO_NOCOPY writes must use bawrite() or bwrite() and must NEVER
used buwrite() because these operations are being called via the VM page
cleaning code via the pageout daemon or the vnode termination code
(when maxvnodes is reached), and the underlying pages are about to be
* vm_object_terminate() must call vinvalbuf() both before (for normal
filesystems) and also after (for tmpfs style filesystems). Otherwise
buffers potentially not disposed of during the page cleaning might
get left hanging. This is a safety feature.
* Remove post-flush test code from vm_object_page_collect_flush() entirely.
The IO's are in progress at this point so it makes no sense to set
* vm_page_need_commit() must make the object writeable and dirty, I think.
* Fix multiple places where m->dirty is tested and PG_NEED_COMMIT is not.
Reported-by: vsrinivas, others
Summary of changes:
sys/vfs/tmpfs/tmpfs_subr.c | 2 +-
sys/vfs/tmpfs/tmpfs_vnops.c | 22 +++++++++-------
sys/vm/vm_object.c | 57 ++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
sys/vm/vm_page.c | 10 ++++---
4 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository
More information about the Commits