git: kernel - Major bridging functionality completed
dillon at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Thu Feb 24 14:18:17 PST 2011
Author: Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Thu Feb 24 00:28:23 2011 -0800
kernel - Major bridging functionality completed
* Rewrite the spanning tree algorithm. Not well tested but both sides
properly calculate the blocking pairs for the ports whereas before
they did not.
Document the code as needed. The poor documentation created a lot of
Separate out the peer state from the aggregated state.
* Greatly enhance the 'ifconfig [-v] bridgeN' status output so one
can see exactly what the state of the sub-interfaces is.
* The bridge interface's ether address can now be modified. It is also
possible to add IP addresses to the bridge interface but this has
not been tested well and might not work.
* Nearly all traffic sourced from interfaces attached to the bridge
now use the bridge's MAC address. This includes ARP. Theoretically
this means that ganged links between bridges (bonding is NOT yet
supported! Strictly master/backup)... should be able to failover
without destroying the ARP tables on various systems.
* Add an experimental LINK2 option to the bridge. This will eventually
be channel bonding but doesn't work so hot right now. At the moment
it just round-robins output on sub-interfaces with the same MAC (usually
TAP interfaces). Ill gets aggregated using the bridge's MAC but the
comparison is used to create bonding groups.
This one needs considerably more work on properly adjusting its state
to DESIGNATED instead of hacking packets over members in the BLOCKING
* Clean up some of the state transitions used by the LINK1 failover
* Change the bridge interface to IFT_ETHER to allow IP and MAC assignments
and for it to be properly handled in the rest of the stack.
* Aggregate input from all member interfaces into the bridge proper and
re-output/forward/route as appropriate using the stateful information
available in the bif lists to handle failover and other features.
* ARP handles MAC snafus due to bridging a little better.
* Changeover to TAILQs from LISTs for bifs.
* Move bif_flags to the bif_info structure so we can use it to hold
* Implement SIOCGIFMEDIA in IF_TAP (still needs some work). This
is required by the bridge code to properly be able to use TAP
interfaces as members.
Summary of changes:
sbin/ifconfig/ifbridge.c | 10 +
sys/net/bridge/bridgestp.c | 568 +++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
sys/net/bridge/if_bridge.c | 560 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
sys/net/bridge/if_bridgevar.h | 59 +++--
sys/net/if_ethersubr.c | 49 ++++-
sys/net/if_var.h | 1 +
sys/net/tap/if_tap.c | 36 +++-
sys/netinet/if_ether.c | 138 ++++++++--
8 files changed, 943 insertions(+), 478 deletions(-)
DragonFly BSD source repository
More information about the Commits