cvs commit: site/src tablecg.c
hmp at crater.dragonflybsd.org
Fri Mar 5 06:01:11 PST 2004
hmp 2004/03/05 06:00:57 PST
DragonFly src repository
Major Website Overhaul, Part 1 of 3: with regard to standards, target
code generation and general safety. This and followup commits are for
ensuring XHTML compliance. I have also done other general cleanups.
XHTML Compliance and Style:
* Add appropriate tags for automatically understanding the
language encoding in place (UTF-8). Usual meta tags and
also an <?xml ... ?>.
* Add <DOCTYPE> tag for letting browsers and tools know about
the document structure, which I have now turned fully into
XHTML *MINUS* the commits that will followup to other files
* Change all tags into lowercase as required by XHTML.
* Fix all invalidate tag combinations and mistakes.
* Change all tags without an ending tag to be compliant with
XHTML. For example, tags like <br>, <img>, <hr> should be
changed to <br />, <img blah blah blah />, <hr />.
* Add non-breaking space entities, when a <td> block is empty,
otherwise some fully compliant (and not author suck-up) browsers
will show a messed up table.
* Do not attempt to print sub-navigation table if the `files'
array contains no entries, i.e. it is NULL. This stops a
whole host of errors from being generated in validators because
the sub-navigation produces a bogus <table>...</table>.
* Substitute remaining use of malloc() with safe_malloc().
The website does not validate yet, until I commit followup changes to the
rest of the web tree. Two more steps toward Buzz-word compliance.
Tested on: firebird, links, ie5+6, opera
Revision Changes Path
1.23 +67 -59 site/src/tablecg.c
More information about the Commits